Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring is Here

It's the First of April - 77 degrees on the way to 82.
And it's wonderful.

It's always fun to anticipate what a new yard will look like in the spring.
We're never really sure what will emerge.
This is a bush in the front yard in Morningside.  I have no idea what it is.
If any of you know, please comment.  Even if you have a wild guess I'd like to hear it.


Other things are coming to life, too.

This is our neighbor's stone wall.  Their yard is amazing. These could be their plantings--who knows.

This bush is prickly and is starting to overrun the sidewalk, but it's definitely pretty.



Now, my favorite, the mature dogwood between our sidewalk and the street.
I can't wait for these little blooms to do their thing.



That's all for now.  I need to go outside and play!
Patti