Saturday, November 12, 2011

Breaking Down a Great Kitchen

Now here's a kitchen that really speaks to me.  I like it so much I thought I'd share IT and some of the reasons I love it.

  • Vintage style and white(Christopher Peacock inspired)
  • Inset doors on the cabinets
  • Ceiling is covered in tongue and groove paneling painted semi gloss
  • Light fixtures don't all match, but they go together and there are several of them for plenty of light (I can't cook in the dark)
  • Upper cabinets have glass door fronts that make the space feel bigger.  I think I like this better than open shelves (less dust).


source: for the love of a house

  • Three windows over the sink come almost to the countertop
  • Natural Roman shades (bamboo?) break up the all white-ness.
  • Plants
  • Bridge faucet 
  • Undermount white porcelain apron sink (A word here--my deep undermount sink gives me a back ache when I wash pots and pans, the bending over and reaching down is not good but I love the look)
  • Contrasting countertops
  • Marble on the island (this is bianco Venatino)
  • Urn and wire basket
  • Contrasting hardware finish
  • Clasps on upper cabinets--vintage look all the way
  • Brackets under the cabinets
  • Beaded board back splash
  • Wide board floors in a dark stain
  • Sub-zero
  • Wine cooler
  • There's a Wolf range not pictured
I think one thing I love about this kitchen style is it's timelessness. Scullery kitchens like this have been around a very long time. We see butler's pantries in this style all the time in vintage bungalows. 

What do you think?

Later,
Patti