Thursday, January 12, 2012

January Update--awnings over the back doors

Hello Everybody,
I'm back from my extended Holiday Hiatus.
The Real Estate business is picking up here at the beginning of the year so I've been a little distracted from blogland.

I do want to fill you in on a few VERY BIG things that are going on around here:

We're working on the outside of our house. We had roofs built over the back doors--now I'll be under cover from the rain when I'm digging around in my purse for the door key. In this picture they haven't been stained or the house painted--it still hasn't been--please bear with us.


We don't exactly know what to call these things--are they roofs or awnings or something else entirely?
The carpenters reused some of the tin roof from the sorry excuse of a garage we have.  
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!

Next, the garage will be TORN DOWN!! Are those strains of the Hallelujah  Chorus I hear? 
And a new carport will be built in its place.
This is going to be the mother of all carports (well not really but to me it is).
 It's going to have a basement for storing the yard tools and lawn mower. Yippee!!!

And we're getting a terrace with a stone sitting wall around it.  Remember this dream terrace from the garden tour?


It's our inspiration.


We're using granite instead of flagstone,


and plain ole ce-ment. (You do know how that's pronounced?) for the flat area with a tasteful granite border.

AND a new DRIVEWAY!!!
Now, I realize that most people don't get very excited about a new driveway. But I know plenty of folks who do. Those of us who have really crumbly, cracked ancient relics that drain water into our basements get real excited about new driveways. I would show you a picture of our driveway now, but I'm too embarrassed.

So ladies and gents, stay tuned for some serious outdoor improvements.

Later, 
Patti